- RSS Channel Showcase 3565623
- RSS Channel Showcase 2939410
- RSS Channel Showcase 5126858
- RSS Channel Showcase 4622134
Articles on this Page
- 03/16/16--19:28: _True Grit 100 – 2016
- 04/12/16--12:57: _12 Hours in the Wil...
- 05/05/16--14:32: _Whiskey Off Road – ...
- 05/25/16--16:08: _Grand Junction Off ...
- 06/01/16--09:41: _The Growler – 2016
- 06/22/16--06:42: _Bailey 100
- 07/13/16--14:08: _Tatanka 100 – 2016
- 08/11/16--09:15: _Pierre’s Hole 100 –...
- 08/31/16--10:19: _Crested Butte 100 –...
- 04/15/17--09:45: _True Grit – 2017
- 05/03/17--19:24: _12 Hours in the Wil...
- 05/16/17--19:31: _12 Hours of Mesa Ve...
- 07/20/17--20:31: _24 Hour Worlds, Fin...
- 08/07/17--07:32: _High Cascades 100 –...
- 08/24/17--05:28: _Breckenridge 100 – ...
- 09/14/17--20:18: _2017 Breck Epic
- 10/09/17--19:39: _Vapor Trail – 2017
- 03/16/16--19:28: True Grit 100 – 2016
- 04/12/16--12:57: 12 Hours in the Wild West – 2016
- 05/05/16--14:32: Whiskey Off Road – 2016
- 05/25/16--16:08: Grand Junction Off Road – 2016
- 06/01/16--09:41: The Growler – 2016
- 06/22/16--06:42: Bailey 100
- 07/13/16--14:08: Tatanka 100 – 2016
- 08/11/16--09:15: Pierre’s Hole 100 – 2016
- 08/31/16--10:19: Crested Butte 100 – 2016
- 04/15/17--09:45: True Grit – 2017
- 05/03/17--19:24: 12 Hours in the Wild West – 2017
- 05/16/17--19:31: 12 Hours of Mesa Verde – 2017
- 07/20/17--20:31: 24 Hour Worlds, Finale Ligure, Italy – 2017
- 08/07/17--07:32: High Cascades 100 – 2017
- 08/24/17--05:28: Breckenridge 100 – 2017
- 09/14/17--20:18: 2017 Breck Epic
- 10/09/17--19:39: Vapor Trail – 2017
True Grit 100 is one of the best 100 mile mountain bikes races in the country. It serves as the season opener for the NUE series and a great way for me to get an early season hard training ride and have a hell of a good time along the way. Getting back on the […]
This was my second year racing the 12 Hours in the Wild West. For 2016 they moved the venue from Fort Stanton to Village of Ruidoso, NM. This brought it right outside of town to the purpose built trails of Grindstone lake trail system. The staging camping area was just below the Grindstone Lake in […]
This year I made my second trip to Prescott AZ for the Whiskey 50, which is actually an entire weekend of racing. Starting with the pro crit on Friday night right in the town of Prescott, then the amateurs race on Saturday followed by the pro race on Sunday. The last time I came down […]
I have been riding in Grand Junction for many years because of the close proximity to home with the almost year round riding potential of the area. It doesn’t hurt that the terrain in GJ is the type of rocky physical riding that I seek out… Because of that, I knew that the Grand Junction […]
I decided to race the Gunnison Growler last minute this year not because I don’t like the race but I wasn’t really sure how I would feel after racing the Grand Junction Off Road the week before. The Growler is a proper mountain bike race: lots of fun hard riding and now that there is […]
The Bailey 100 was the fourth stop for the 2016 NUE series, situated less than an hour southwest of Denver on the Platte River, Bailey is in close proximity to the Buffalo Creek trail system and the Colorado Trail. The race serves as a fundraiser for several nonprofits including two youth biking initiatives, Colorado Trips […]
I had wanted to race the Tatanka 100 in Sturgis South Dakota last year and it didn’t work out with my schedule so it was a priority to get to the race this year. Sturgis is located in the far western part of the state near the Wyoming border, the town was much smaller than […]
The Pierre’s Hole 100 has become one of my favorite races of the season! If you’re looking for a bike race that covers all the bases this is the one. The location is really beautiful, I can’t think of a more incredible backdrop than Grand Targhee ski resort. With views of the back-side of the […]
I had no idea that the Crested Butte 100 has been going on for so long, 13 years to be exact! This season I’ve been looking for different races to do so I decided to give the CB 100 a go. I came to CB leading up to the race to ride as much of […]
Talking about racing is not really my favorite thing to do, riding my bike and racing my bike are though. When it comes down to it I want to combine riding fun and challenging terrain when I race so I try to pick and choose which races I do based on what I like to […]
This was my third trip to Ruidoso, NM for 12 Hours in the Wild West and the riding they have here is top notch! The course is just how I like it, a big climb with lots of downhill and good challenging technical thrown in. I really didn’t know who was going to be my […]
If I remember correctly, this is my 4th time racing The 12 Hours of Mesa Verde. Phil’s World is definitely a trail that you can do multiple laps on and have a good time doing it! The venue is located in Cortez, Colorado, about 45 minutes south of Durango, in the beautiful desert southwest. Here […]
I wanted to say a couple things about my time at 24 hour worlds before it was to late. Lately life, riding bikes and racing bikes have been more important to me than writing about it. I was extremely nervous about racing my bike in Italy, the logistics of it, the time, the money, it […]
I love traveling to Oregon! The only problem is that it’s almost 18 hours away… I had this realization on my last trip to Bend for the High Cascades 100. Once I get there I love it! Oregon is a beautiful state with lots to see and Bend is a great town with lots of […]
This was my 12th time racing the Breckenridge 100. I have raced every year but one, looking back on all that racing makes me feel a little old. It seems like yesterday I was just getting into this sport and now it’s become such a large part of my life. Sometimes I have a hard […]
I’ve always struggled with sleep before races and when it’s a single day race loosing sleep before a race isn’t really that big of a deal but when your trying to recover for 6 days getting good sleep is very important. I stopped doing the Breck Epic a few years ago because it’s a really […]
The Vapor trail is the kind of race that strikes fear in the average racer who’s thinking about doing it for the first time. I don’t discount the fact that it is a very difficult race, but when I hear 18,000 feet of climbing on some of the best single track in the state and […]